Only after I finished making this dish did I realize that I had a little theme going on with the ingredients. From the chicken, chorizo, cheese, cream and cauliflower, I could have had Sesame Street sponsor this posting and help kids learn their ABCs.
It had gotten to the point where I really needed to use up a head of cauliflower sitting in the veggie bin in the fridge. I’ve created mashed cauliflower before, but because I also had some chorizo and Jack cheese in the fridge, I wanted to give this dish a little Latin kick.
I’ve learned that if you’re working with flavorful ingredients to begin with, there’s really no need to complicate the recipe and throw in too many spices/flavors — let the foods speak for themselves. So with that, I hope you enjoy this flavorful healthy dish with a little Latin kick.
- 10 ounces Pork Chorizo – uncooked
- 1 head of Cauliflower – stalk and leaves removed, broken up into florets
- 2 Chicken Breasts – cubed
- 2 cloves Garlic – crushed
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Jack Cheese Shreds
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Add cooking oil to a large pan and heat.
- Saute garlic, then add in chicken and continue mixing.
- Half way through cooking chicken, add in chorizo and continue cooking until both chicken and chorizo are cooked and chicken has been well flavored by the chorizo.
- In a large pot, boil water.
- When water comes to a boil, add in cauliflower florets and cook until fork-tender.
- Drain cauliflower, return to pot and then mash with a fork.
- Over very low heat, add in cream and cheese then mix together until well blended with cauliflower.
- Season with black pepper.
- Serve cauliflower mash in a bowl and then top with the chicken-chorizo mixture.